From humble beginning in 2012 as beLAUNCH, beGLOBAL has successfully concluded the seventh startup conference beGLOBAL in both Korea and U.S. To date, the event has been attended by 15,000 people from over 25 countries. To more than 4,000 startups, the event has become a global networking platform.
beGLOBAL SF 2015 will be held in San Francisco on the 15th of October and will provide an opportunity for Korean domestic startups to network with American investors. Likewise, the conference provides American and Foreign investors with valuable insight into the Asian startup market as well as provide new business opportunities.
Eric Migicovsky the CEO of Pebble attended the beGLOBAL Seoul 2015 event. Following his visit, Eric explained, “Just from observing the Korean market in the last few years, there is renewed hope in technology developments". On the subject of members of the Korean startup ecosystem, he explained that a high potential was evaluated given member were passionate with both talent and technology.
Naval Ravikant the CEO of Angel List was a speaker at the event and explained, "Korea has established itself as an Asian startup hub and at the centre of the Asian startup market. Through the event, the entire Asian startup market can be easily observed with a single view".
The founder of Wilklevoss Capital, Cameron Winklevoss said, "Startups from Seoul, Korea have gained global fame". For an investor, it is important to understand Seoul's prosperity in hi-tech techniques", added Winklevoss showing interest in the Asian market.
Special speakers and judges expected at the 'beGLOBAL San Francisco 2015' include:
- David Richter : VP, Strategic Initiatives at Uber
- Cyril Ebersweiler : Founder of HAXLR8R (hardware accelerator specialist)
- Troy Malone : GM, APAC of Evernote
- Kevin Laws : COO of Angelist (online startup invesment specialist)
- Matt Kaufmann : Head of Business department of Crunchbase
- Tim Chang : Managing Director of Mayfield Fund (Forbes Top 100 influential investment company)
- Eric Kim : Co-Founder of Goodwater Capital (investor into Kakao and Coupang)
The top 9 of 20 startups will have an opportunity to present their ideas and solutions to potential Silicone Valley investors.
Top 9 startups include, Dongdaemoon(Korea's biggest fashion marketplace) based B2B clothing wholesale service April, provider of Band Sense(smart bracelet with geoposition sensors and multi touch technology) Impressivo, provider of RAPAEL Smart Glove(rehabilitation aid in patients suffering from chronic stroke) NEOFECT and more.
The third annual 'beGLOBAL San Francisco 2015' will be held at 'The Village' in the CBD of San Francisco. The event will start at 09:00 in the morning and finish at 21:00 in the evening. The event will host 20 of the top Korean startups, 36 special speakers and judges to provide an opportunity to network. In total there are over 500 people expected to attend the event.
<Top 9 Startups>
- April: Linkshops.com is a Dongdaemoon(Korea's biggest fashion marketplace) based B2B clothing wholesale service
- Impressivo: Band Sense is a smart bracelet with geoposition sensors and multi touch technology
- NEOFECT: RAPAEL Smart Glove designed to aid rehabilitation in patients suffering from chronic stroke
- OnnuriDMC: CrossTarget, a mobile advertising solution with ability to match web cookies and mobile device IDs to specific user preferences
- Pison Contents: MUSICSPRAY online multimedia platform which has partnerships with iTunes, Amazon Music, Google Music and Spotify
- QubitSecurity: Plura a cloud based anti hacking system that analyzes login data
- REALITOR Interfaces: Realitor is a haptic foot device for use if augmented reality game application
- RippleBuds: In-ear microphone solution that enables users to hold conversations in noisy surroundings
- Seerslab: Lollicam a real time video editing app that has facial recognition, cinematic, visual effects
- KPOP UNITED: Krowdpop a crowd funding ticket sales platform for K Pop fans abroad - Having been voted the best team in the Seoul 2015 event, KPop United automatically qualified for the SF conference.
* Please check out more about new tech products from Korea at "beginning" system.